Hays County Calls For Ban on Gatherings of 10 or More
Beginning 2 a.m. on March 18th 2020 and continuing until 5 p.m. om May 14th, 2020, the order made by Hays County Judge Ruben Becerra prohibits community gatherings of ten (10) or more people within Hays County. Hays County also recommends social distancing and urges individuals who are at high risk to avoid community gatherings or events.
Read the full order here.
The City of Kyle has also declared a State of Emergency putting forth the following limitations:
- No gatherings of 10 or more people
- Indoor dining is not allowed (take-out, drive-thru, delivery only)
- Daycares may allow up to 5 children per room with a max of 20 total in the facility
- Gyms may have up to 5 people per room, max totaly of 20 in facility
- Offices may allow up to 10 people per room
- Move theaters must follow special protocool
The City of San Marcos has the following updates as well:
- Gatherings over 50 are prohibited (effective until May 11, 2020)
- The following facilites will be closed: San Marcos Public Library, Activity Center, and Discovery Center
- San Marcos Regional Animal Shelter will adjust hours/operations